Ethnopharmacological survey of herbal remedies used in the treatment of hepatitis

Wahid Hussain, Saima Batool, Sabiha Bahar, Bibi Shahida, Bushra Bangash, Amjad Ali, Hidayat Hussain, Iftikhar Ali, Maroof Ali, Rainer W Bussmann

Abstract


Background: Hepatitis is a serious illness and can be fatal, which has caused a dangerous ratio round the globe especially in the developed and under-developing countries. About 1.4 million deaths are reported each year from the different types of hepatitis especially hepatitis B virus (HBV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV) which cause 90% mortality and the other 10% deaths are caused due to all other hepatitis types. 

Methods: By using different online database such as Google scholar, Science Direct Navigator, ISI Web of Knowledge, Elsevier, springer link, Test databases, research gate and PubMed, date were retrieved by giving different keywords. Various keywords were used on plants used traditionally to treat hepatitis.

Results: A total of 128 medicinal plant species were identified, belonging to 108 genera and 61 botanical families by reviewing 220 research articles. From the study, it showed that the medicinal plants are used from the very ancient time to cure hepatitis worldwide. These medicinal plants are used in different parts of the world as a traditional herbal medicine for the control of hepatitis.

Conclusion: Our literature review will help the scientific communities to identify anti-hepatitis plant in order to isolate novel anti-hepatitis natural products.

Keywords: Hepatitis, medicinal plants, treatment, ethnopharmacological, survey

 

خلاصہ:

پس منظر: ہیپاٹائٹس ایک سنگین بیماری ہے اور یہ مہلک بھی ہوسکتا ہے ، جس کی وجہ سے خاص طور پر ترقی یافتہ اور ترقی پذیر ممالک میں دنیا بھر میں ایک خطرناک تناسب پیدا ہوا ہے۔ ہیپاٹائٹس بی وائرس (HBV) اور ہیپاٹائٹس سی وائرس (HCV) کی مختلف اقسام سے ہر سال تقریبا 1.4 ملین اموات کی اطلاع دی جاتی ہے جو %90 اموات کا سبب بنتی ہے اور دیگر %10اموات ہیپاٹائٹس کی دوسری تمام اقسام کی وجہ سے ہوتی ہیں۔ اس کے علاوہ ، دواؤں کے پودوں کے فوائد کی وضاحت کرنے کے لئے جو ہیپاٹائٹس کے علاج کے لئے استعمال ہوتے ہیں۔

طریقے:گوگل اسکالر ، سائنس ڈائرکٹ نیویگیٹر ، آئی ایس آئی ویب آف نالج ، ایلسیویئر ، اسپرنگر لنک ، ٹیسٹ ڈیٹا بیس ، ریسرچ گیٹ اور پب میڈ کے جیسے مختلف آن لائن ڈیٹا بیس کا استعمال کرکے ، تاریخ کو مختلف اہم الفاظ دے کر تلاش کیا گیا۔ دنیا کے کچھ حصوں میں پودوں اور ان کی نسلی دواسازی کی تعلیم کے بارے میں تفصیلی معلومات حاصل کرنے کے لئے تلاش کے عمل کے دوران مختلف اہم الفاظ استعمال کیے گئے۔

نتائج:کل 128 دواؤں کے پودوں کی انواع کی نشاندہی کی گئی ، جن کا تعلق 108 نسلوں اور 61 نباتاتی خاندانوں سے ہے۔ مطالعے سے ، یہ ظاہر ہوا ہے کہ دواؤں کے پودوں کو دنیا بھر میں ہیپاٹائٹس کے علاج کے لئے بہت قدیم زمانے سے ہی استعمال کیا جاتا ہے۔ یہ دواؤں کے پودوں کو ہیپاٹائٹس کے کنٹرول کے لئے روایتی جڑی بوٹیوں کی دوائی کے طور پر دنیا کے مختلف حصوں میں استعمال کیا جاتا ہے۔

نتیجہ اخذ کرنا: ہمارے لٹریچر کا جائزہ سائنسی برادریوں کو اینٹی ہیپاٹائٹس پلانٹ کی شناخت کرنے میں مدد دے گا تاکہ ناول اینٹی ہیپاٹائٹس قدرتی مصنوعات کو الگ تھلگ کیا جاسکے۔

اہم الفاظ: ہیپاٹائٹس ، دواؤں کے پودوں ، علاج ، ایتھنوفرماکولوجیکل ، سروے ۔


Full Text:

PDF


Ethnobotany Research and Applications (ISSN 1547-3465) is published online by the Department of Ethnobotany, Institute of Botany, Ilia State University.
All articles are copyrighted by the author(s) and are published online by a license from the author(s).